Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sudoku and Text Messaging

So, here I am... a 22 year old who is paying thousands of dollars for an education. The glamor life of a college student always thrilled me when I was younger. Learning was also a close second. Yet, somehow along the way I ended up here, right where I am sure I belong.

I take my education very seriously (and sometimes when I want to daydream of my wedding somewhat seriously)... Either way I am here. I try. I work hard. I listen. I show up. I am an overachiever.

Yet, my five digit tuition apparently is not worth the last four digits. I sit in many classes and think to myself, What in the world is my teacher trying to accomplish? Most often, to my utter disappointment, I resolve myself to believe they show up every morning only for a pay check. I shutter at this thought yet my evidence solidifies it. Why else would they be so awful. Why else would they be unprepared, and why else would they be so boring?

The other side of this reality... the lack of accountibility they have. If they were held acocuntable, or any other person higher on the food chain showed up to even one class I guarantee they would loose their jobs due to lack of relivance and intelectual stimuli of their teaching.

Yet there is a paycheck, and there is no accountability. So here I sit, another day playing Sodoku and Text Messaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment